Tips & Tricks
• Avoid any lotions/moisturizer/oils etc. as it will affect how well it adheres.
• We recommend applying your nail wraps after your shower and before bed so that they have sufficient time to adhere fully to your nails.
For naturally oily nails -
• Use alcohol wipes to clean and dry the surface.
• Alternatively, nail polish remover will work to dry out nail surface too. We've also tried using alcohol based hand sanitizer to the same effect.
For uneven nails -
• Apply a base coat to even out the surface.
Pick a strip that is slightly smaller than your nail.
• If you're in-between sizes, pick the smaller one or trim the larger one down to size.
We recommend cutting the strip in half if your nails are shorter to avoid any wastage - each strip is long enough for two uses for most nails and you can get different patterns from each strip!
• Here are some other ideas on what you can do with the leftovers -
- Mix and matching with other designs
- Use it on your toe nails
- Keep as spares, just in case you mess up the first time
Avoid pasting on your cuticles at the base of your nail as the surface is not smooth and may cause the nail wrap to flip up at the base or water to seep in.
File off the excess nail wrap in a downward motion and remember to keep the nail file perpendicular to the nail tip.
Apply a topcoat for lasting and professional results!
• Remember to cap off the tips of the nail as that's where it starts to wear off the quickest.
• Some topcoats are not compatible with our nail wraps and may cause shrinking or color change so do test your topcoat out on one nail first before applying to the rest.
Besides soaking in warm water, you can also try using hand creams/cuticle oils/other natural oils to help loosen the adhesive of the nail wrap by applying it at the base of your nails as you carefully roll the nail wraps up.